Sustainable Fixed Income Data Specialist – Japanese Speaker - Tokyo
Posted Mar 1, 2023 - Requisition No. 114385
Bloomberg runs on data and data drives the market. At Bloomberg, our products are fuelled by powerful information. We combine data and context to paint the whole picture for our clients, around the clock – from around the world. In Data, we’re responsible for delivering this data, news and analytics through innovative technology - quickly and accurately.
The global sustainable debt market plays an important role in the finance industry, with growing interest from investors. New types of innovative sustainable debt instruments are being introduced, and they raise capital for activities and projects aimed at advancing economic, environmental, and social objectives. The market has expanded in recent years, with total global sustainable debt issuances approaching USD 5.5 trillion. At Bloomberg, Sustainable Fixed Income (SFI) product improves the depth and breadth of our clients’ ability to analyse these instruments.
What’s the role?
As a team, we are responsible for managing and enhancing SFI-related content for the Bloomberg Terminal and Enterprise products, including security specific attributes, regulatory or market-recognized principles and alignments, relevant analytics, and proprietary sustainable debt assessments. We engage with the sustainable finance community to explore and validate new ideas and apply problem-solving skills to identify innovative workflow efficiencies. We implement technology solutions to enhance our systems, products and processes- and all this while providing platinum customer support to our clients. You will enhance your product knowledge, learn about our clients and their needs, and build relationships throughout the company, all while helping our clients integrate ESG risk and opportunity analysis into their workflows.
We’ll trust you to:
- Acquire, analyse and extract SFI data from pre-issuance and post-issuance reports published on the exchanges and issuer websites. Examples include Green framework, SPO, Allocation and Impact report
- Build positive and accountable relationships with clients, colleagues, and partners of the Fixed Income product (including buy- and sell-side firms)
- Contribute to continuous improvement by generating ideas to improve our data quality, products and/or associated processes and building prototypes to validate and illustrate requirements
- Collaborate closely with a wide variety of internal partners from Engineering to Sales to drive product development and efficiency for our clients.
- Provide in-depth customer support for users of Bloomberg products such as the Professional Service, News, Enterprise Solutions, and BloombergNEF by resolving inquiries in a timely manner
You’ll need to have:
- Native/Business level spoken and written Japanese
- 2 years’ experience working with fixed income, sustainable debt (e.g., green bonds), and/or ESG related financial products
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, and experience in a client facing/stakeholder management/consulting role
- Strong attention to details, high degree of proven decision-making, and problem-solving skills
- Ability to shape open-ended questions into actionable plans and executing towards tactical objectives
- Ability to multitask and prioritize effectively, ensuring a high level of accuracy and efficiency
- Ability to spot market trends and act on them to enhance depth and breadth of coverage
We’d love to see:
- ESG-related education such as CFA ESG examination, FSA SASB examination etc
- Familiar with data schemas or a programming language such as python
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at this: https://www.bloomberg.com/professional/
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email firstname.lastname@example.org