System Administrator - Information Systems - Tokyo
Posted Jun 14, 2019 - Requisition No. 75580
Our Global Information Systems Group is responsible for designing, deploying and supporting Bloomberg’s internal IT systems. This includes our global corporate network plus all of the hardware, software and enterprise applications used by nearly 21,000 employees in more than 170 state of the art offices around the world. We focus on enterprise solutions, productivity tools and IT systems integration, which help move all of Bloomberg's businesses forward.
As part of the Global Infrastructure organization, the System Administration team is responsible for the smooth daily operation of internal IT systems at Bloomberg. We’re trusted to ensure that thousands of infrastructure and endpoint devices are functioning effectively. Bloomberg moves fast and we have to do the same to keep tens of thousands of employees productive. We provide the day-to-day management and support for all the Desktops, Servers, Storage, Software, Networks and Telecoms systems, constantly challenging ourselves to improve the way we do things as well as the technology/services we provide.
As part of the System Administration team, you will be focused on providing operational ownership, maintenance and support of all the technology and systems which make up and reside on the corporate network. You will promote world-class System reliability, security and performance by configuring, managing and automating state of the art technology and tools. Working within a team of seasoned IT professionals on technology with a global scope, you will have many opportunities to expand your technical knowledge and develop skills to enhance your capability.
You'll need to have:
- Professional experience as a System Administrator or similar role
- Proficiency with Python, Powershell or other scripting languages and automation
- Proficiency with applying security concepts and hardening of IT infrastructure
- Experience providing 2nd/3rd level support to both technical teams and employees on a "follow the sun" basis
- Awareness of infrastructure as code concepts and tools such as Configuration Orchestration, Configuration Management, Git, Jenkins, Puppet, Chef, Salt, Ansible, Rest APIs
- Strong interpersonal skills including networking, collaboration, communication, time management, being able to adapt to different audiences, environments and cultures
We’d love to see:
- Certifications in one or more of the following: Cisco CCNA/CCNP, Microsoft MCSA/MSCE, Arista ACE or similar relevant certifications
- Proficiency in management and configuration of Cisco and/or Arista networking equipment
- Experience with BGP, OSPF, IP Multicast, STP, VPC, MLAG, VRF
- Experience with Network Access Control products
- Experience with Firewall management and troubleshooting
- Experience with log aggregation products including reporting and dashboard creation
- Experience with Cisco Call Manager, SIP technologies and related Telecoms technologies
- Experience with management of Microsoft Windows Server and Desktop systems
- Experience with Microsoft Active Directory, GPOs, SCCM and SCOM
- Experience working within an Agile framework
- Japanese language ability
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are, but in the meantime, feel free to have a look at this: https://www.techatbloomberg.com/.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunities employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.