Technical Account Manager - Content & Entities Business Management, Tokyo
Posted May 3, 2019 - Requisition No. 74965
Bloomberg runs on data. In our Global Data business, we're responsible for supplying it. The Content & Entities Business Management (CEBM) department is responsible for managing, acquiring, and integrating contributed pricing across all OTC asset classes, to drive the value of the Bloomberg Terminal and downstream data products. The department is comprised of several teams, focusing on different aspects to the business: Pricing, Research, Exchanges, Product Development & Contracts.
We are searching for highly motivated and enterprising individuals to join the Pricing team as a Technical Account Manager, working out of Bloomberg’s Tokyo office. In this role you will work with various internal partners, as well as one or two key accounts based in Japan, building and troubleshooting of site-to-site technology that links data providers to Bloomberg. In order to do this you will need to build strong and lasting relationships with these institutions, have a deep understanding of the technology they use, and ultimately offer outstanding support to them.
We’ll trust you to:
- Manage and support a small number of key accounts; helping them maintain and improve custom systems related to data ingestion and dissemination.
- Manage the account’s day to day query on their pricing mechanism and data flows. Follow up with engineering and business managers where necessary.
- Review enhancement requests from the key accounts, discuss the feasibility with business managers and engineering and lead the pipeline of enhancement requests for the product.
- Find technical solutions to help automate our clients’ workflows and make our internal processes more efficient
- Opportunities to work closely with key players in the financial industry, including business managers and market data managers
- Work with a global team of motivated data analysts and technical specialists
- Partner with business managers and our Engineering teams to improve our products and exceed our customers' expectations
- Autonomy to develop your own ideas and strategies for the accounts you cover.
- Real potential for exciting and dynamic career-progression in our global organization
You’ll need to have:
- Keen interest in the financial markets (although past experience is not required)
- A pro-active attitude with the confidence to challenge the status quo and a real desire to improve practices and processes.
- Proven project management and organizational skills
- You will have demonstrated that you are able to gather technical requirements, assess feasibility, work with internal stakeholders and draft a plan to implement required enhancements
- Some knowledge on QA procedures would be beneficial
- Deep understanding of technical and operational infrastructure in regards to data ingestion and distribution
- Interest in technical troubleshooting and project implementation
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a desire to work directly with customers
- Confidence to meet key accounts in person and manage relationships on a technical and business level
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Business-level fluency in English and Japanese
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at this: http://www.bloomberg.com/professional
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any adjustments to be made for the recruitment process by emailing email@example.com.