At Bloomberg we pride ourselves in providing some of the most advanced financial technology in the industry. At our core we are a data and technology company and are passionate about moving the industry forward through cutting edge software and services. Our ever expanding array of technology, data, news and media services empowers our clients and fosters innovation while offering us bountiful opportunities for career growth.
What’s in it for you?
In our Global Technical Support team, you will have the responsibility to ensure that our core product, The Bloomberg Professional Service, is working and accessible to our clients. We do this by monitoring the operation of telecommunication networks and backend systems to ensure proper utilization of lines, hardware and software. We communicate with our clients through inbound client calls, instant messages and tickets but we also utilize real-time system monitoring tools to proactively action any problems we identify. Through all these methods we resolve client issues and proactively take action to maintain a high standard of system service.
Operating in a fast-paced and diverse environment, you will be quick and thoughtful in your quest to troubleshoot technical cases, from software/hardware to connectivity and network troubleshooting.
We’ll trust you to:
- Troubleshoot issues with our software and API add-ins for Microsoft Office
- Diagnose and resolve connectivity problems for clients connecting via Internet or our own private network using our routers and leased lines
- Identify and fix problems with our core software products and escalate bugs to our developers to resolve
- Troubleshoot problems with our hardware, such as the Bloomberg Keyboard and biometric authentication devices (B-Unit)
- Support, develop, and innovate our service offering
- Maintain an outstanding level of customer service focus whilst dealing with clients
- Ensure all team members have the latest information on all ongoing issues by sharing knowledge and updates
- Gain an understanding of our systems and contribute to their continual innovation and improvement through idea generation
If you have work experience, you’ll need to have:
- A solid understanding of IT infrastructure, including Windows OS, PC hardware and software, network protocols and design, Internet connectivity, and general network routing
- Prior experience delivering customer support or client relationship management
- Previous experience working in a technical role
- An aptitude in multitasking
- Exceptional communication skills with the ability to remain calm under pressure
- Knowledge in mobile devices and Mac OS is a plus
Beneficial if you have been exposed to:
- Networking and PC/application connectivity
- Configuring routers and network devices
- Windows OS issues
- Software and applications
- PC hardware and peripherals
You need to be able to:
- Have the final interview at the Boston Career Forum booth (Nov 18 or 19, 2016)
- Start full time work in 2016 or 2017
- Read, write and speak English and Japanese at a business fluency level
If this sounds like you:
If you are passionate about technology, delivering quality service and eager to learn, then apply! We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.