Technology Editor - Tokyo
Posted Dec 13, 2021 - Requisition No. 98814
Bloomberg News is the biggest financial and business news organization in the world. We lead the way in breaking news and providing analysis on financial markets, from intraday coverage through in-depth features. We are known for our quality, accuracy and ability to deliver news investors can use. It's what keeps us inventing and re-inventing, all the time.
Bloomberg's award-winning Global Technology Team team covers the people, products, companies and inventions of the world's most valuable industry. We explore how and why technology works the way it does.
What is the role?
You are a talented, resourceful and efficient editor eager to shape coverage of Asia's most important technology news. You're a creative thinker, a skilled wordsmith and an ambitious journalist who can help reporters delivers the highest level of journalism about the biggest companies and the buzziest startups.
In this position, you'll work on a range of stories, from breaking news to enterprise.
When news breaks, you'll spring into action, able to write our first take on a big story, assign reporting on the fly and edit string from across the newsroom. As part of our Asia team, you will work closely with reporters from Japan to Pakistan, who cover everything from e-commerce and ride-hailing to semiconductors and cloud computing.
We'll trust you to:
- Help prioritize ideas, plan news coverage, and develop features and investigations
- Collaborate with a team of reporters and editors across the globe to produce content on our many platforms, including the real-time Bloomberg News service, the web and Bloomberg Businessweek magazine
- Inspire and encourage teammates to produce their best journalism, to innovate and experiment with story formats and shape ideas
- Advocate for our readers, ensuring that stories are told in the most appropriate and creative format
You’ll need to have:
- A minimum of 5 recent years of experience in financial or technology journalism
- Experience working in a real-time news environment
- Experience editing enterprise or feature stories
- Fluency in both spoken and written English
- Strong knowledge of and curiosity about all things tech to help shape story ideas
- The ability to write and edit quickly and concisely under deadline pressure
- A penchant for generating and improving story ideas
We'd also like to see:
- Experience editing real-time news and/or ambitious enterprise news
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at this: www.blpcareers.com
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer.