Bloomberg runs on data, and our Global Data department is responsible for acquiring it and supplying it to our clients. Our Market Data Analysts collect, analyse, process and publish the data which is the backbone of our iconic Bloomberg Terminal- the data which ultimately moves the financial universe. They apply problem-solving skills to identify innovative workflow efficiencies, and they implement technology solutions to improve our systems, products and processes- and all this while providing platinum customer support to our customers.
The Global Data Third Party Index team in Tokyo is looking for a highly motivated individual with experience in data management or client services and sound knowledge in the financial industry to develop and expand the scope of our index data products.
We’ll trust you to:
- Acquire, maintain and improve our Third Party Index data offerings to ensure best-in-class data coverage and quality
- Engage closely with our clients to understand their needs and identify our gaps in order to provide value-adding data content
- Build and maintain relationships with our data providers to ensure workflow efficiency and identify business opportunities
- Facilitate lines of effective communication between internal and external stakeholders to ensure data consistency and accuracy
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously and ensure that milestones are achieved
- Work with a high degree of autonomy - use your business judgement, set your own goals and milestones, and drive results
What’s in it for you?
- Gain in-depth knowledge of our Index product and the crucial role it plays for various types of clients
- Learn continuously from industry experts and work closely with key decision makers on a daily basis
- Make a true business impact on our products and clients – our data moves markets
- Expose to opportunities for exciting and diverse career progression
You’ll need to have:
- 2~5 years of relevant work experience in data management, client service, project management or sales support, preferably with the experience interacting with Index data sets
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Finance, Data Analytics, Economics or other related disciplines
- Business proficiency in English and Japanese
- Strong inter-personal skills, attention to detail and ability to handle multiple priorities simultaneously
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to lead and influence multiple stakeholders
- Strong project management skills, and experience of working to tight deadlines
- Proven track record of building and maintaining client relationships
- Ability to think critically with proven examples of improving processes, systems or procedures
We’d love to see:
- Business level fluency in Korean
- Experience interacting with data providers or knowledge of data management tools
- Master's degree in Business, Finance, Data Analytics, Economics or other related disciplines
- Knowledge or experience in computer programming languages or statistical analysis tools, such as Python, VBA, R or SQLI
If this sounds like you:
Apply! If we think you're a good match we'll get in touch to let you know the next steps.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.