User Support - Bloomberg Technical Support (BTS) - Team Leader - Tokyo
Posted Dec 22, 2023 - Requisition No. 122340
What’s the role?
Bloomberg Technical Support is responsible for deploying and supporting Bloomberg’s variety of products and services. This high-profile role requires experience across general technical areas pertaining to hardware, software and networking, in addition to experience with coordinating the implementation of technology solutions.
The Technical Support team is seeking a qualified individual to provide leadership and direction to the team in Tokyo. You will possess a strong customer focus, passion for leadership and high interest in technology. In addition, you have good attention to detail with excellent coaching and communication skills. You will work closely with a range of stakeholders to deliver access to the Bloomberg infrastructure while meeting our clients’ connectivity needs.
As a confident and well-organized communicator you will also be responsible for handling key accounts, regularly liaising with market data and technology personnel, as well as telecommunication providers, service vendors, and partner with a variety of internal stakeholders to ensure the highest quality of service to our customers.
You will work towards developing a collaborative team environment that fosters creativity and places a high value on providing quality customer service and technical support. Striving for excellence in both team productivity and customer happiness is at the heart of this position. You will be responsible for the hiring, on-boarding, evaluation and continued development of your team members.
We'll trust you to:
- Maintain quality relationships with your team on both a group and individual level
- Ensure that your team's performance is on track to meet departmental goals across multiple metric categories such as productivity and quality
- Provide tailored coaching that improves individual productivity and performance
- Empower your team to innovate and challenge traditional thinking on how to best tackle clients' technical issues
- Establish strong interdepartmental relationships and strategies to make valuable contributions to the business
- Build and drive strategies for your team that aligns with the department and business goals in the region
- Be involved in recruiting, hiring, and identifying candidates with potential to be successful at the role
You'll need to have:
- Demonstrated people management, project management and change management skills
- Extraordinary level of customer service and a good understanding about our business
- An established understanding of PC hardware, operating systems and software suites
- Knowledge of networks with an understanding of but not limited to IP addressing, sub-netting, routing and Secure File Transfer Protocol
- Strong networking and communication skills
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Ability to quickly prioritize and take appropriate actions in handling escalated cases
- Fluency in Japanese and English
We'd love to see:
- Experience and knowledge of our product implementation workflow including the installation, relocation, and removal of new Terminals, routers, and circuits
- Experience and knowledge in troubleshooting client issues related to the Bloomberg software, hardware, SFTP, FIX and API products
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we’re a good match. We’ll get in touch with you to let you know the next steps but in the meantime feel free to browse this: http://www.bloomberg.com/professional
We’re individuals with diverse backgrounds, talents, and experiences who take on big challenges and create even bigger impact through our work. We’re interested in what makes you you, and how we can create opportunities for you to channel your unique, personal energy and grow to your fullest potential.
Learn more about our office and benefits:
Tokyo | www.bloomberg.com/tokyo
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg provides reasonable adjustment/accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable adjustment/accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable adjustment/accommodation include but are not limited to making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email AMER_recruit@bloomberg.net (Americas), EMEA_recruit@bloomberg.net (Europe, the Middle East and Africa), or APAC_recruit@bloomberg.net (Asia-Pacific), based on the region you are submitting an application for