Workplace Experience Lead - Tokyo
Posted Mar 27, 2023 - Requisition No. 115057
Bloomberg is the leading global information and technology company, connecting influential decision makers to a dynamic network of information, people and ideas. We deliver data, news and insights to the financial world through the Bloomberg Terminal and our enterprise data management and integration services, and to industries beyond through Bloomberg Government, BloombergNEF and Bloomberg Industry Group. With the world’s largest financial and business news team, Bloomberg News reports market-moving stories online, on-air and in print. Driven by doing the right thing for our people, our customers, our communities and our planet, the firm’s profits are dedicated to Bloomberg Philanthropies, whose mission is saving and improving lives across the globe. Bloomberg employs over 20,000 people worldwide in 176 locations, has more than 5,500 engineers and more than 2,700 journalists and analysts in more than 120 countries.
In a career at Bloomberg, you will play a vital role in making it all happen. You will be joining a team of solution-finders, with a real passion for providing superb customer service in a fast-paced environment. Exciting. Surprising. Purposeful. Life at Bloomberg is many things, but it is never dull. We are a truly global business with a truly diverse workforce. We pride ourselves on being open, inclusive and collaborative - and in providing a work environment that encourages our employees to be their best.
What’s the role?
As the point of contact for Employees and Guests in the workplace, we are looking for a passionate person to be able to create a welcoming and professional experience in the Workplace in keeping with the company culture and brand. The experience begins even before our customers physically arrive, and we need someone who is confident and comfortable to engage with Employees and Guests, creating memorable touchpoints. Leading a small vendor partner team, this person will provide fast and effective solutions while ensuring a high level of team and customer satisfaction.
This person will be the local point of contact for the Regional Workplace Experience Product Owner, and also for Workplace experience services at our Tokyo site for the Bloomberg employees and external visitors.
We’ll trust you to:
- Own and manage the Workplace Experience products of Front of House services, Event Support and Catering, meeting room and collaboration space experience, and Employee Engagement.
- On-board and partner with a vendor team of Guest Experience Coordinators at site and providing feedback on performance.
- Ensure that our team is at the Front Desk to welcome customers from 08:00-18:00, (Shift A: 07:45-16:45, Shift B: 09:00-18:00) - five days a week - Monday to Friday (excluding public holidays).
- Update and professionally present concierge style information about the workplace, building and surroundings to be able to support the needs of our customers.
- Manage the Guest Check in and out process using the systems and tools provided and coordinate building access cards for visiting employees.
- Support the team, understand a multitude of varying types of on-site events, with tasks such as coordinating event venue set up and catering, pre-registration and printing of guest badges.
- Engage and collaborate with Employees and Visitors at site, be the point of escalation, manage employee feedback, and continually provide solutions so Employees can be their most productive.
- Support the Facilities teams with related Helpdesk ad-hoc tasks, for example: extending aircon requests for events, preparing customer facing signage, coordinating desk allocations.
- Create reports and analyze local data - track trends and come up with supporting initiatives and solutions to either match trend, or to counter undesirable trends.
- Diploma or above in Hospitality/Hotel Management or equivalent work experience
- A minimum of 3 years of front desk, concierge, customer service or other hospitality experience
- Team management experience
- Business proficiency and fluency in English and Japanese
- Experience in client facing or customer service or technical support, that encompasses stakeholder management
- Awareness of data management, privacy and information security
- Ability to work independently and as part of a larger regional team
- Experience in Vendor Management
- Food and Beverage experience
- Microsoft/One drive and skills such as Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Communication / Marketing approach to change management and customer engagement
Who you are:
You come to work with a purpose, execute with a sense of urgency and customer awareness, are curious and take pride in being service driven. You love being part of a team where customers count on you every day, and you challenge and support your colleagues to innovate, learn and deliver the best proactive service possible.
You’ll need to have:
We’d love to see:
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email firstname.lastname@example.org