2024 Summer News Internship (Toronto)
Posted Oct 5, 2023 - Requisition No. 120629
Bloomberg News is one of the world's leading financial news organizations, delivering fast and accurate information on multiple platforms.
If it impacts markets, we'll be there -- breaking news on companies, economies, commodities and government policy to help our ever-expanding audience stay ahead.
We need a constant flow of ideas, energy and innovation -- which is where you come in. We’re looking for interns who are passionate about telling stories and will seize the opportunity to learn from our award-winning journalists. You’ll gain hands-on reporting experience, conduct interviews, dig into data and collaborate with colleagues in our bureaus across the world.
We operate as one newsroom – a collaborative and diverse environment where print, digital and broadcast come together to produce the most accurate content for our readers. When joining our newsroom, you may have the opportunity to be placed into a variety of teams including but not limited to, Autos, Energy, Broadcast, Technology, Equities, Real Estate, Health, QuickTake, and more.
You’ll need to have:
- A passion for news and/or a willingness to dig in and learn about global financial markets, companies and economies
- Strong curiosity, a keen interest to learn about the world and uncover surprises
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment
- Prior experience and/or demonstrated interest in journalism through work experience or extracurricular activities
- Availability to work up to 40 hours a week, in-person/onsite for 10 weeks, beginning in June 2024
- Minimum two years of undergraduate study completed
- Please highlight if any of the following are present; fluency in a foreign language, multi-platform skills, and data journalism/coding experience.
What you’ll need to apply:
- Cover Letter
- Preferably three samples of journalistic work on any platform
If this sounds like you:
Apply and we'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.?
Bloomberg provides reasonable adjustment/accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable adjustment/accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable adjustment/accommodation include but are not limited to making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email AMER_recruit@bloomberg.net (Americas), EMEA_recruit@bloomberg.net (Europe, the Middle East and Africa), or APAC_recruit@bloomberg.net (Asia-Pacific), based on the region you are submitting an application for.?