Canada Credit Reporter
Posted Nov 13, 2023 - Requisition No. 121572
Bloomberg News is seeking a corporate finance reporter to join its credit team in Toronto.
This is an opportunity to cover the corporate bond market at a fascinating time as important trends emerge indicating whether credit is becoming easier or more difficult to access and how investors are positioning themselves.
We’re looking for a reporter that’s versatile and enthusiastic to break news on every stage of bond sales, from initial pricing to final terms, and will help maintain the team’s new issue trackers, as well as covering broader events such as provincial budget announcements that impact credit markets.
WE'LL TRUST YOU TO:
- Be passionate about breaking news and writing stories that set the agenda
- Chase deals from borrowers ranging from the country’s major banks and provincial governments to its railroad giant or commodities producers in a competitive market
- Be detailed-orientated, a quick learner and have the ability to build sources across bank syndicate desks, the major investment houses and corporate executives
- Collaborate closely with colleagues across the newsroom on major breaking news as well as contribute to enterprise
- Produce stories across our platforms including Bloomberg TV and Radio, Bloomberg’s Markets and Businessweek magazines as well as in podcasts, on QuickTake and in working with our data visualization team
YOU’LL NEED TO HAVE:
- Previous experience in financial journalism or credit
- Experience in Markets is a plus
- Ability to write quickly, accurately and clearly under deadline pressure
- Ability to spot trends and work with reporters to deliver impactful news to our readers
- A track record of breaking news
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at: https://www.bloomberg.com/company/careers/working-here/news-and-research/?tactic-page=588594
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg provides reasonable adjustment/accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable adjustment/accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable adjustment/accommodation include but are not limited to making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email AMER_recruit@bloomberg.net (Americas), EMEA_recruit@bloomberg.net (Europe, the Middle East and Africa), or APAC_recruit@bloomberg.net (Asia-Pacific), based on the region you are submitting an application for.