Posted Jul 27, 2018 - Requisition No. 68436
The energy of a newsroom. The pace of a trading floor. The buzz of a recent tech breakthrough. We work hard, and we work fast - while keeping up the quality and accuracy we're known for. It's what keeps us inventing and reinventing, all the time. "Our culture is wide open, just like our spaces." We bring out the best in each other. And through our countless volunteer projects, we help bring out the best in the communities around us, too. You can do amazing work here. Work you couldn't do anywhere else. It's up to you to make it happen.
Bloomberg Television is seeking an experienced, dynamic journalist to help run its television channel with our partner in Canada. You should demonstrate knowledge and enthusiasm for financial markets, company news, international relations, the Canadian economy, and Canadian politics. You are able to make quick decisions in a real-time news environment and thrive under pressure, whilst possessing the writing skills to explain complex material in simple terms. You will be based out of Toronto.
We’ll trust you to:
- Act as the primary liaison between Bloomberg and its Canadian television partner.
- Work with Bloomberg's Canadian television partner to develop best-in-class journalists and reporting in Toronto.
- Support several hours of live business news programming daily, working closely with a team of producers to establish the news agenda and help with creation of quality content.
- Monitor the media partner's video production, social media, digital content, television operations, website and app development.
- Ensure that television programming and online content meet Bloomberg's production standards and the best journalistic practices.
- Arrange training as needed.
- Coordinate with the Bloomberg New York news desk.
- Serve as initial point person for trouble-shooting access to Bloomberg content and resources.
You’ll need to have:
- A Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- A minimum of three years recent and relevant experience as a producer or writer
- Ability to thrive under the pressure of deadlines and breaking news
- Strong writing, editorial and production skills
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills required
- Experience in business and financial news would be highly advantageous
- Flexibility with hours and travel
We'd love to see:
- Experience working with newsroom management
If this sounds like you:
Apply! If we believe you're a good match, we'll get in touch with you to let you know the next steps.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status