Infrastructure Engineer- Monitoring & Alerting Systems
Posted Sep 14, 2021 - Requisition No. 95395
Corporate Technology is responsible for designing, deploying, and supporting internal IT systems. This encompasses all hardware, software and enterprise applications on the corporate network used by nearly 21,000 employees in more than 170 state of the art offices around the world. We focus on enterprise solutions, productivity tools, and IT systems integration enabling all of the firm's businesses to be more agile.
The Server & Storage System Administration team is essential for operational efficiency of our internal IT systems. We are trusted to ensure that our IT infrastructure is running efficiently at all times in order to support the tens of thousands of devices operating on our network! We also support the thousands of employees that rely on our technology to carry out their roles effectively in a fast-paced technology focused company. We collaborate daily with other teams including Security, Telephony, Network, End Point Technology, Audio Visual, Mobile Technology, Service Desk and Infrastructure design teams.
We'll trust you to:
As a Server & Storage administrator you will be expected to identify and deliver on opportunities for technical and process improvements. Your objectives will be system standardization, security, performance and stability in coordination with global team members. The automation and tools you will build, integrate and maintain will provide elite levels of visibility and significant improvements to agility enabling the team to keep pace with constantly evolving business requirements.
Your focus will be to implement telemetry tools for all systems in an enterprise infrastructure environment needed to monitor and maintain established SLAs, including server, storage and network performance trending, and software, hardware and network faults. You will configure and maintain alerting systems, messaging and dashboards so that alerts are delivered with appropriate urgency.
You'll need to have:
- A bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related field, or its equivalent in work experience
- 5+ years of maintaining and solving enterprise systems in a multi-team environment
- 3+ years of experience with Microsoft System Center products v2012 and v2019: SCOM & SCCM
- Sophisticated knowledge and experience monitoring, setting appropriate responses, and configuring alerts in an enterprise environment
- Experience with log aggregation products including reporting and dashboard creation: Splunk, Humio, Grafana
- Ability to analyze host and application metrics to optimize performance
- Windows Server and Desktop operational and troubleshooting knowledge covering all platforms of Windows Server including Server 2019
- In depth knowledge of Active Directory, Group Policy architecture and Domain technologies
- Proficiency in modern programming languages: PowerShell, Python, Ruby or Bash
- Proficiency with applying security standard methodologies in the hardening of IT infrastructure
- Strong interpersonal skills including networking, teamwork, communication, time management, resourcefulness to thrive within diverse environments and cultures
- Experience working within an Agile workflow
We'd love to see:
- Certifications in Microsoft technologies
- Experience with Silect MP Studio
- Experience on deploying and handling bare-metal and virtual servers Cloud infrastructure experience with VMWare, AWS, Azure, and other enterprise products
- Understanding of SQL & implementing clusters
- Knowledge and experience designing and supporting NAS/SAN Storage arrays for structured and unstructured data sets
- Experience on enterprise backup systems
- Understanding of enterprise technologies users and devices for authentication Kerberos and PKI
- Comprehension of infrastructure as code concepts and tools such as Configuration Orchestration, Configuration Management (Chef, Ansible, Git, Jenkins, Grafana)
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is committed to diversity. It drives our innovation. At Bloomberg, you'll have the opportunity to go above and beyond and to take risks. You'll be a part of an organization that is entering new markets, launching new ventures, and pushing boundaries. Our ever-expanding array of technology, data, news, and media services champions innovation and empowers clients -- and offers nearly limitless opportunities for career growth.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We bring out the best in each other.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.