Bloomberg Television is seeking an experienced, dynamic journalist to help run its Mongolian-language television channel with our partner in Mongolia. You should demonstrate knowledge and enthusiasm for financial markets, company news, and international relations and a desire to learn about Asia, Mongolia, its economy and politics. You are able to make quick decisions in a real-time news environment and thrive under pressure, whilst possessing the writing skills to explain complex material in simple terms. You will also be expected to do some reporting for Bloomberg News. The expectation is that you will spend time working in the Hong Kong bureau of Bloomberg TV but will be based out of Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia.
We’ll trust you to:
- Act as the primary liaison between Bloomberg and its Mongolian television partner.
- Work with Bloomberg's Mongolian television partner to develop elite journalists and reporting in Ulaanbaatar.
- Lead several hours of live business news programming daily, working closely with a team of producers to establish the news agenda and help with creation of quality local-language content.
- Monitor media partner's video production, social media and digital content, television operations, website and app development.
- Ensure that television programming and online content meet Bloomberg's production standards and the best journalistic practices. Arrange training as needed.
- Assist with production of partner's long-form original programming.
- Report and write print news stories for Bloomberg News.
- Coordinate with the Bloomberg Hong Kong news desk.
- Serve as initial point person for trouble-shooting access to Bloomberg content and resources.
You’ll need to have:
- A Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- A minimum of three years recent and relevant experience as a producer or writer
- Ability to thrive under the pressure of deadlines and breaking news.
- Strong writing, editorial and production skills are essential
- Fluency in English is needed whilst knowledge of Mongolian would be highly advantageous
- Experience in business and financial news would be highly advantageous
- Flexibility with hours and travel
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we’re a good match. We'll get in touch with you to let you know the next steps- but in the meantime feel free to browse http://www.bloomberg.com/professional/
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.