Aviation Regulation Reporter
Posted Jan 16, 2024 - Requisition No. 122611
Bloomberg News is seeking an experienced and energetic reporter to join the Global Aviation team in Washington. The reporter will be tasked to cover US aviation and travel regulation, including the US Federal Aviation Administration, the National Transportation Safety Board, and the intersection of politics, aircraft certification and safety.
The role involves reporting and writing fast, concise stories on breaking regulatory and aviation news, as well as delivering longer-form analysis, exclusive interviews, and enterprise pieces. The successful candidate will conduct interviews with lawmakers, executives, regulators, investigators and aviation experts on a range of topics that include Boeing's latest crises, startups in the electric aviation market, travel experience including airport technology and air traffic technology.
WE'LL TRUST YOU TO:
- Develop sources and break news, attend conferences and secure high-profile interviews
- Thrive in a multi-cultural, fast-paced, and highly collaborative environment
- Have a strong sense of quality, accuracy and the ability to deliver news that professionals can use
- Embrace storytelling in different formats, from newswire to magazine to TV and digital delivery
YOU'LL NEED TO HAVE:
- A minimum of 10 years of recent journalism experience, preferably covering aviation or a related field
- A track-record in breaking news and developing sources across government, industry, and policy fields
- The ability to write quickly and concisely under deadline
- Solid knowledge of the US aviation regulation market and a strong interest in the air-travel industry
- An understanding of the importance of collaboration given the need to work closely with stakeholders across teams, borders and platforms
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at: https://www.bloomberg.com/company/careers/working-here/news-and-research/?tactic-page=588594
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg provides reasonable adjustment/accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable adjustment/accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable adjustment/accommodation include but are not limited to making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email AMER_recruit@bloomberg.net (mailto:AMER_recruit@bloomberg.net) (Americas), EMEA_recruit@bloomberg.net (mailto:EMEA_recruit@bloomberg.net) (Europe, the Middle East and Africa), or APAC_recruit@bloomberg.net (mailto:APAC_recruit@bloomberg.net) (Asia-Pacific), based on the region you are submitting an application for.
The referenced salary range is based on the Company's good faith belief at the time of posting. Actual compensation may vary based on factors such as geographic location, work experience, market conditions, education/training and skill level.We offer one of the most comprehensive and generous benefits plans available and offer a range of total rewards that may include merit increases, incentive compensation [Exempt roles only], paid holidays, paid time off, medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, life insurance, and various wellness programs, among others. The Company does not provide benefits directly to contingent workers/contractors and interns.
Salary Range: 115,000 - 140,000 USD Annually + Benefits + Bonus