Bloomberg Intelligence - Aerospace & Defense Analyst
Posted Mar 21, 2022 - Requisition No. 101696
Bloomberg Intelligence provides a comprehensive view of an industry and its key constituents and, combined with the power of the Bloomberg Professional® service, gives you unsurpassed depth and breadth at the sector, industry and company levels. Bloomberg Intelligence also offers valuable written analysis, industry data and interactive charting and functions from a team of independent experts, giving trading and investment professionals deep insight into where crucial industries stand today and where they may be heading next.
As a member of our US-based team, you’ll be responsible for providing equity research coverage primarily for space and defense companies, through publishing of company reports, thematic work and timely event driven analysis. The analysis will be based on Bloomberg's data sets, Bloomberg Intelligence data and analysis, as well as company calls and announcements.
We’ll trust you to:
- Work closely with our regional analysts and our global team of analysts located in Asia, Europe and the U.S.
- Monitor and interpret major company developments and identifying macro themes and trends affecting the aerospace and defense industries.
- Manage earnings cycle, including previews and reviews.
- Collaborate with other research product teams, including Litigation, Policy, Credit and ESG for company specific and thematic analysis.
- Interact with investors, industry contacts, investor relations personnel, and senior management at target companies.
- Work with Fundamentals & Economic Statistics teams to ensure data completeness and quality control for existing and new data sets of target companies.
- Build and maintain relationships with internal departments and external market professionals to grow a franchise and develop an ecosystem.
- 3-5+ years of buy-or-sell side equity research experience in the aerospace and defense sector.
- Exceptional primary research and writing skills.
- Experience interpreting financial statements and in financial modeling.
- Excellent oral communication and presentation skills.
- Self-starter, independent problem solver and collaborative team player.
- Strong organization skills and capable of handling multiple projects.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Finance or related discipline.
- CFA designation and/or MBA degree preferred.
- Knowledge of the Bloomberg Terminal preferred.
You’ll need to have:
If this sounds like you, apply today! We're eager to speak with you.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.