Director of Communications- Bloomberg Editorial & Research
Posted Apr 25, 2022 - Requisition No. 102916
The energy of a newsroom, the pace of a trading floor, the buzz of a recent tech breakthrough; we work hard, and we work fast - while keeping up the quality and accuracy we're known for. It's what keeps us inventing and reinventing, all the time. Our culture is wide open, just like our spaces. We bring out the best in each other through teamwork. Through our countless volunteer projects, we also help network with the communities around us, too. You can do outstanding work here. Work you couldn't do anywhere else. It's up to you to make it happen.
We are looking for a Director of Communications for Bloomberg Editorial and Research, based in Washington, D.C. This is an opportunity to thrive in a dynamic and multi-faceted role, with a focus on leading media relations for Bloomberg News' Washington operation, as well as other parts of the newsroom. You will work on strategy across Bloomberg News, Bloomberg TV and Radio, live events, Research, and other platforms. We will expect for you to have a firm understanding of politics, business, finance, and technology news. Ideally, you should have demonstrated success in broadcast bookings, crisis communications, trade press, and events.
We’ll trust you to:
- Work on consumer and trade media strategy for Bloomberg News across multiple platforms, as well as breaking news outreach
- Work closely with Bloomberg's editorial leadership and journalists on integrated global communications strategy for various editorial platforms
- Manage broadcast bookings for Bloomberg journalists
- Manage high profile relationships with key journalists and partners
- Leverage your external media contacts across consumer and trade media
- Help manage and drive press coverage for events
- Work on crisis communications issues
- Identify speaking engagements for Bloomberg journalists
- Be tech and social media savvy, multi-task, handle volumes of information, work under deadlines and respond to breaking news
You'll need to have:
- A solid track record of working experience in media relations and/or corporate communications (a minimum of 8 years experience and a background in news/media/politics would be ideal)
- Excellent verbal, editing and writing skills
- Solid relationships with external media contacts
- Experience in crisis communications
- A network of industry and press contacts across consumer, trade and broadcast media
- Event experience
- The ability to work well with senior executives, top business leaders, and newsmakers
- The ability and flexibility to multitask, prioritize, and organize multiple projects/tasks concurrently while meeting required deadlines
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email email@example.com.