Economist - DC
Posted Dec 23, 2021 - Requisition No. 99196
Bloomberg Economics offers a comprehensive macroeconomic research service for Terminal subscribers. That includes detailed forecasts, supported by thorough and research.
With more than 100 reporters and 30 economists worldwide, Bloomberg Economics has unrivaled capacity to explain where the global economy is now and where it is heading. Our economists deliver insight into the themes that drive policy, financial markets and capital flows.
We are looking for economists with experience of modelling and scenario analysis to be part of an exciting team delivering the next generation of economic insights for a market audience.
We’ll trust you to:
- Develop and maintain economic modeling tools that can be used for a range of purposes, including macroeconomic and financial market scenario analysis, understanding the drivers of asset prices and nowcasting/forecasting key economic and financial variables.
- Produce insightful model-based research on critical issues for the global economy, working collaboratively with country desk economists
- Collaborate on projects with the broader Bloomberg Economics group – contributing quotes to stories written by journalists
- Appear at conferences, on television, in print media as well as meeting with clients
You'd need to have:
- Demonstrated ability in economic modeling, with proven expertise in open- economy macroeconomic models such as DSGE or semi-structural models and preferably expertise in Bayesian estimation techniques
- Strong analytical programming skills, preferably in Matlab and Dynare, R and/or Python.
- A graduate degree in economics, statistics or econometrics or a related field; a PhD would be an asset
- English proficiency - other languages a plus
- Energy and initiative needed to provide a consistent flow of high-quality analysis
- Ability to generate insightful content across a variety of formats, ranging from rapid turnaround responses to economic events to longer-term collaborative research into major global economic trends
Does this sound like you?
Apply! If we believe you’re a good match we'll get in touch to let you know the next steps.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.