Posted Jun 12, 2019 - Requisition No. 75536
Want to cover the world's biggest economic story? Here’s an opportunity to be part of Bloomberg’s dynamic and growing team of journalists covering the U.S. economy and the escalating trade war. The Trump administration is opening new fronts in its battles over trade on a regular basis – moves that are disrupting financial markets, rewiring company supply chains and rattling bureaucrats from Beijing to Brussels. Bloomberg has assembled a team of reporters and editors to track all the developments by breaking news and writing in-depth stories that explains what it all means.
We’re looking for an editor to help a very talented group of reporters tell the economic and political stories of Trump’s trade wars. Based in our DC bureau, you will be expected to send headlines and assist in editing stories. You will need to understand the economic impact of policies and proposals from the Trump administration, Congress and the Federal Reserve. You will maintain a network of reliable sources to help report on the work of the International Monetary Fund, as well as the World Bank. You will keep a close eye on economic developments in the U.S., Europe and China in order to produce meaningful insight for our readers. You have experience conducting research and relaying findings in succinct, concise manner. Your ability to identify key industry performance indicators, players and trendsetters will drive precise editorial coverage of these critical stories for our audience.
We’ll trust you to:
- Edit spot news and enterprise stories to ensure the writing is clear, engaging and accurate.
- Guide news judgment on the trade beat to ensure we’re focusing on the issues that matter to investors, business leaders, and broader consumers.
- Assist in the creation of charts and other visual displays of data that help make stories more accessible to our audience.
- Seek out opportunities for innovation while maintaining the highest standards for accuracy and speed.
- Be a versatile player-coach in order to support news curation on economy and Fed.
- Help reporters contribute across a variety of Bloomberg platforms and formats, such as television, radio, the Web and Businessweek magazine.
- Work under tight deadlines and collaborate with reporters and editors inside and outside the Washington bureau.
You’ll need to have:
- 5 or more years of business journalism experience.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Economics, Journalism or related field.
- Ability to interpret complex trade and economic developments quickly, and simplify them for a broad audience.
- Aptitude for words and numbers, and a logical approach to combining data and context.
- Translated complex data into a narrative accessible to market professionals and casual readers.
- Knowledge of digital platforms, and experience developing graphics.
Does this sound like you?
Apply! We’ll get in touch and let you know what the next steps are.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.