The energy of a newsroom. The pace of a trading floor. The buzz of a recent tech breakthrough. We work hard, and we work fast - while keeping up the quality and accuracy we're known for. It's what keeps us inventing and reinventing, all the time. Our culture is wide open, just like our spaces. We challenge each other. And through our countless volunteer projects, we help bring out the best in our communities as around us, too. You can do amazing work here. Work you couldn't do anywhere else. It's up to you to make it happen!
We are on the hunt for a Contract Event Planner to join the Marketing department's Global Event Team (GET) in Washington, DC for 6 months from May to November. We will trust you to successfully plan and execute Bloomberg events. You will report into a Bloomberg Senior Event Planner.
We will trust you to:
- Execute a wide range of small-scale and more complex proprietary, hosted and third party events including, but not limited to panels, receptions, tradeshows, conferences, etc.
- Demonstrate expertise in event production, vendor negotiation, event contract procedures, logistics, and audience management
- Ensure successful format development and implementation of third party and proprietary programs that drive business results
- Infuse customized, creative, out-of-the-box ideas and solutions for events
- Comprehend and puts into action the Bloomberg event delivery model, in collaboration with the GET management team, to ensure flawless execution of events according to the company's process and standards of excellence
- Develop functional relationships with Marketing and/or clients as it relates to specific events
- Collaborate directly with Bloomberg internal teams such as Security, Facilities, Marketing, Catering, and A/V to coordinate onsite events
- Ensure compliance to budget, expenses, and reconciliations on a per event basis
- Provide support to Senior Event Planner and the Team Leader on special projects
- Domestic travel may be required
You will need to have:
- Bachelor's Degree Required
- Minimum 5 years of post-graduate experience event/experiential planning within a global corporate environment or agency
- Moderate skill-level with Microsoft Office (PowerPoint, Excel, and Word)
- Accomplished industry professional with excellent knowledge and thorough comprehension of event logistics and management of events
- The ability to suggest & enhance functionality on event management / tracking systems
- A strong understanding of social media networks
- The ability to work independently & flexibly (travel and extended hours) under tight deadlines
- A track record of success in working in and influencing a fast-paced, fast-growing global organization
- High energy, problem solving, self-starter, results oriented, proactive individual with a high sense of urgency
- The ability to effectively lead and influence internal/external partners towards intended and successful results
- Demonstrated the ability to make sound decisions consistent with business needs
- Possessed knowledge of the Firm's different businesses and how their particular area or function fits into the "big picture"
If this sounds like you:
Apply! If we think you are a good match we'll get in touch to let you know the next
To learn more, visit our YouTube channel “Inside Bloomberg” www.youtube.com/InsideBloomberg
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status