Financial Services Counsel
Posted Feb 28, 2020 - Requisition No. 81600
We are looking for a Financial Services Counsel to join Bloomberg’s Government Relations and Regulatory Policy Group. You will be responsible for monitoring regulatory and legislative developments on a wide range of issues, conducting research and analysis, and providing guidance and assistance to other areas of the business, including product development, marketing, and sales. Qualified candidates must have a strong command of financial services issues and the agency rule-making process.
Based in our Washington, DC office, you will report to our Head of Government Relations and Regulatory Affairs.
We’ll trust you to:
- Conduct research and analysis on regulatory and legislative developments
- Advise senior business people and internal stakeholders on policy and legislative issues
- Respond to internal and external inquiries
- Draft comment letters and position pieces
- Attend meetings and hearings to provide the group and the business with important updates
- Stay apprised of emerging regulatory issues and legislative developments
You’ll need to have:
- 3 to 5 years of relevant regulatory or government relations experience
- Knowledge and understanding of the regulatory and policy issues surrounding financial market participants
- A strong command of the agency rule-making and legislative process
- Familiarity with relevant federal and international policy institutions, including trade associations, Federal agencies, legislators, and hill staff
- Written and oral communications skills and demonstrated analytical and problem solving skills
- Willingness to collaborate with a wide variety of internal professionals, including engineers, software developers, product development, sales, marketing, and other teams
We'd love to see:
- Experience working at a financial regulator
- Prior advocacy work involving research and writing of policy papers, comment letters and advocacy pieces
Bloomberg is committed to diversity. It drives our innovation. At Bloomberg, you'll have the opportunity to go above and beyond and to take risks. You'll be a part of an organization that is entering new markets, launching new ventures, and pushing boundaries. Our ever-expanding array of technology, data, news, and media services champions innovation and empowers clients -- and offers nearly limitless opportunities for career growth.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We bring out the best in each other.