Posted Jan 20, 2023 - Requisition No. 113588
With close to 40 economists and 100 economics reporters worldwide, Bloomberg has an outstanding capacity to explain where the global economy is now and where it might be heading.
Bloomberg Economics offers a comprehensive macroeconomic research service for Terminal subscribers. That includes detailed forecasts, supported by rigorous and original thematic research. The economists also produce previews of major data releases and economic events as well as analysis of the numbers as they break. The goal is to offer Bloomberg clients a deeper insight into the themes that drive policy, financial markets and capital flows.
THE ROLE: We are seeking an expert global economist to join our research team
WE’LL TRUST YOU TO:
- Work with the Chief Global Economist to produce insightful research on key events and themes shaping the outlook.
- Collaborate on projects with the broader Bloomberg Economics group – contributing quotes to news stories and from time to time working on projects with economics reporters.
- Appear at conferences, on television, in print media as well as meeting with clients.
YOU’LL NEED TO HAVE:
- 5+ years of experience in economic analysis, with proven expertise in analyzing economic data, monetary and fiscal policies and long-term challenges.
- English fluency (writing skills a plus).
- A graduate degree in economics (a PhD is a plus).
- Energy and the initiative to provide a consistent flow of high-quality analysis.
- Ability to generate content across a variety of formats, ranging from rapid turnaround responses to economic events to longer-term collaborative research into major global economic trends.
- Applications from those with policy experience and econometrics skills are encouraged.
Apply if you think we're a good match! We'll get in touch to let you know that the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at:
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email email@example.com (mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org)