Multi-Skilled Broadcast Operator - DC (Contract)
Posted Jan 19, 2023 - Requisition No. 113559
The energy of a newsroom. The pace of a trading floor. We work hard, and we work fast — while keeping up the creativity and entrepreneurialism we're known for. It's what keeps us inventing and reinventing, all the time.
Bloomberg LP has built a significant media business spanning television, digital, magazine, radio and live event platforms across the globe. In the midst of a historic time in the media industry, Bloomberg Media is growing its global footprint and reach through new innovations from QuickTake, Bloomberg TV+, and Bloomberg Businessweek.
Bloomberg Media Group is seeking a freelance broadcast operator to cover several of our technical studio positions in a live broadcast environment at our Washington, DC office.
Bloomberg News is looking for an individual with a proactive attitude who is focused, flexible, and proficient in several aspects of broadcast operations, who can work collaboratively in a live control room and studio environment. This individual will be required to work alongside our DC and NY office colleagues to ensure a clean broadcast while operating, framing and shading robotic cameras in a multicamera studio setup. They will also be required to stage manage (i.e. "floor") in the TV studio- working with high profile guests, reporters and on-camera media talent to ensure proper studio procedures are followed while communicating with the live control room via headset. This includes dressing wireless and wired microphones and IFB earpieces (i.e. "A2") and basic studio maintenance. This candidate will also occasionally assist with DC Master Control duties, including coordinating and QC inbound/outbound feeds, checking and sub-mixing audio, and assisting our engineering team with basic equipment maintenance needs as needed.
YOU'LL NEED TO HAVE:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- Solid experience with multicamera robotic systems in a fast-paced live show environment (knowledge of Shotoku robotic systems preferred, but not required)
- Solid experience with multicamera shading (knowledge of Sony RCP shading units preferred, but not required)
- Solid experience with studio stage managing (i.e. "Flooring")
- Solid experience with A2 audio prepping of microphones and IFB earpieces
- Knowledge of basic audio mixing (tracking and mixing mics on set)
- Knowledge of basic lighting controls (bringing up pre-set lighting cues)
- Knowledge of video routing systems (Evertz or similar)
- Knowledge of RTS, IFB and PAP systems
- Ability to follow a live rundown (knowledge of ENPS preferred but not required) and ability to adapt to adjustments in real time
- Strong organizational + communication skills & attention to detail
WE'D LOVE TO SEE:
- Flexibility to work early morning or later afternoon hours
- Willingness to perform additional tasks
- An ability to multitask
- Professional demeanor and willingness to work well with a team of diverse individuals from a variety of backgrounds
IF THIS SOUNDS LIKE YOU:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know that the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at: https://www.bloomberg.com/company/careers/working-here/media/?tactic-page=588594 (https://www.bloomberg.com/company/careers/working-here/media/?tactic-page=588594)
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email email@example.com