Multi-Skilled Broadcast Operator - DC (Part-Time Contract)
Posted Jan 19, 2023 - Requisition No. 113552
The energy of a newsroom. The pace of a trading floor. We work hard, and we work fast — while keeping up the creativity and entrepreneurship we're known for. It's what keeps us inventing and reinventing, all the time.
Bloomberg LP has built a significant media business spanning television, digital, magazine, radio and live event platforms across the globe. In the midst of a historic time in the media industry, Bloomberg Media is growing its global footprint and reach through new innovations from QuickTake, Bloomberg TV+, and Bloomberg Businessweek.
Bloomberg Media Group is seeking a freelance broadcast operator to cover several of our technical studio positions in a live broadcast environment at our Washington, DC office.
Bloomberg News is looking for an individual with a proactive attitude who is focused, flexible, and proficient in several aspects of broadcast operations, working collaboratively in a live control room and studio environment. This individual will be required to work with our NY office to coordinate and quality control inbound/outbound feeds, set up any live studio guests, mix audio, frame/shade robotic cameras, and assist our engineering team with maintenance work. This candidate will be a key liaison between our NY and DC offices.
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- Knowledge of basic audio mixing (tracking and mixing mics on set)
- Knowledge of RTS, IFB and PAP systems
- Knowledge of robotic camera systems (vinten, shotoku or similar)
- Knowledge of camera shading and basic lighting control (iris control, scopes, Sony RCP or similar, bringing up lighting cues)
- Knowledge of video routing systems (Evertz or similar)
- Basic A2 + floor directing skills (mic + IFB placement, seating talent and guests, communicating with control room via headset)
- Ability to follow a live rundown and make adjustments in real time
- Strong organizational + communication skills & attention to detail
- Flexibility to work early morning or later afternoon hours
- Willingness to perform additional tasks
- Strong ability to multitask and manage competing priorities
- Experience working with ENPS rundowns
- Experience working in live television and in a live newsroom is a plus
We'd love to see:
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know that the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at: https://www.bloomberg.com/company/careers/working-here/media/?tactic-page=588594
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.