Posted Sep 16, 2022 - Requisition No. 108888
With close to 40 economists and 100 economics reporters worldwide, Bloomberg has an unrivaled capacity to explain where the global economy is now and where it might be heading.
Bloomberg Economics offers a comprehensive macroeconomic research service for Terminal subscribers. That includes detailed forecasts, supported by rigorous and original thematic research. The economists also produce previews of major data releases and economic events as well as analysis of the numbers as they break. The goal is to offer Bloomberg clients a deeper insight into the themes that drive policy, financial markets and capital flows.
We are seeking an experienced US economist to join our research team.
- You’ll produce insightful research, economic forecasts and speedy analysis of data releases and central bank meetings.
- You’ll collaborate on projects with the broader Bloomberg Economics group – contributing quotes to news stories and from time to time working on joint projects with economics reporters.
- You can expect to appear at conferences, on television, in print media as well as meeting with clients.
You'd need to have:
- 5+ years of relevant experience in economic analysis, with proven expertise in analyzing economic data, monetary and fiscal policies and long-term structural challenges. Expertise in US labor market and household sector economics would be a plus.
- English fluency.
- Familiarity with Python, STATA, R, Eviews, or Matlab.
- A graduate degree in economics (a PhD is a plus).
- Energy and the initiative to provide a consistent flow of high-quality analysis.
- Ability to generate good content across a variety of formats, ranging from rapid turnaround responses to economic events to longer-term collaborative research into major global economic trends.
- Applications from those with policy experience and strong econometrics skills are encouraged.
If this sounds like you, apply today!
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.