Executive Producer- Myanmar
Posted Feb 19, 2020 - Requisition No. 81395
Bloomberg's Media includes the global BLOOMBERG NEWS® service with more than 2,700 Professionals in 143 bureaus worldwide; the BLOOMBERG TELEVISION® 24-hour business and financial news network; BLOOMBERG RADIO services which provide up-to-the-minute news on XM, Sirius and WorldSpace satellite radio around the world; and Bloomberg.com, a top-ranked financial news site. In addition, Bloomberg collaborates with companies around the world on local-language news services, including Bloomberg Myanmar, a television and digital network based in Yangon.
We are seeking an Executive Producer to join us in Bloomberg Myanmar. Reporting to the Executive Producer- Global Partnerships your key responsibilities will include:
- Ensuring that television programming and online content meet Bloomberg's production standards and the best journalistic practices. Arrange training as needed.-Managing a team of writers, segment producers and technical staff to produce daily segments and programs.
- Supervision of writing and editorial planning as well as working closely with anchors, the assignment desk and colleagues in several Asian locations.
- Working closely with a team of local producers to create lively, informative and quality Myanmar-language content.
You will need to have:
- At least 5 years in daily news production.
- Interest and curiosity in learning the wider business of television and digital media.
- Experience working in or deep interest in Asia.
- Diplomacy in dealing with editorial partners.
- Ability to appreciate cultural nuances.
- Ability to enhance cooperation with other departments within Bloomberg.
- Fluent written and spoken English is essential while an Asian language would be an advantage
- Early morning shifts will be required.
Does this sound like you?
Apply via our careers website! If we believe you're a good match, we'll get in touch with you to let you know the next steps.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.