Breaking News Reporter - Zurich
Posted May 26, 2021 - Requisition No. 91011
Bloomberg News is one of the biggest financial and business news organizations in the world. We lead the way in breaking news about mergers and acquisitions, initial public offerings and other events, enabling readers, viewers and listeners to stay a step ahead of the markets.
From Zurich you'll cover some of Europe's most valuable companies and be on the front line of the global banking stories coming out of Switzerland (which covers everything from corporate scandals, management reshuffles as well as hits from risky trading businesses). As a Breaking News reporter you'll be the first pair of eyes on any market moving story out of the country. You'll get the opportunity to deepen your understanding of monetary policy and foreign exchange markets by helping to cover one of the world's most watched central banks, and be given a chance to take up a slew of beat reporting opportunities and expand your network in a vibrant finance & business hub.
A successful candidate is a reporter who thrives under the pressure of breaking news in real-time, while she or he is also a self-starting and tenacious reporter that gets to the core of stories coming out of Switzerland. From the Zurich newsroom you will use your strong news judgement to provide clients with high quality, actionable reporting.
We'll trust you to:
- Make smart, fast and decisive judgement calls on breaking news stories, including M&A, IPOs, corporate earnings, government news and other global events
- Write potentially market-moving first versions of stories, quickly and accurately in English, under deadline pressure
- Be aware of the major news stories and trends that matter to financial and business clients
- Collaborate with global bureaus and teams across Bloomberg to deliver this-just-in news across all platforms
You need to have:
- Fluency in German and English
- A bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- Proven skill at collaborating and working across teams to accomplish goals
We’d love to see:
- Fluency in a third language, preferably French
- Experience in financial journalism
- Proven experience in producing copy under deadline pressure
- Knowledge of the economy, financial markets and business
- Experience working in a real-time news environment
- Familiarity with automation, machine learning and/or natural language processing
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we’re a good match. We’ll get in touch with you to let you know the next steps.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.