Finance Reporter - Zurich
Posted Feb 25, 2019 - Requisition No. 73785
Bloomberg News is seeking an experienced reporter to join its Finance team in Zurich. The job entails covering some of the top banks and financial firms in the region and help break some of the biggest finance stories on the continent. In addition to an appetite for breaking news and a sense of urgency, you have the ability to look beyond the immediate headlines and write big picture stories about underlying shifts and trends shaping the industry. You're a relentless networker with an established track record of building sources on your beat. You are also a good collaborator who will be working with colleagues in Switzerland and around the world covering everything from finance and investing to markets and economies.
Ideally, you're a well-connected reporter with excellent writing skills and an eye for a good story. You should be able to report on different platforms, whether it's a three-paragraph news story, an interview on TV or radio, or a long-form piece that can feature in Businessweek or Bloomberg Markets magazine.
We'll trust you to:
- Cover the banking industry, with a focus on the largest Swiss banks, with a particular focus on Credit Suisse
- Be comfortable in a breaking news setting with hard deadlines
- Write bigger-picture thematic stories
- Have the ability to crunch numbers and not be fazed by complex financial topics
- Have a proven ability to build sources
- Collaborate with other reporters and editors around the world and in Switzerland
- Plan ahead for news events
- Be committed to the best journalistic practices, sound judgment and willingness to learn
You'll need to have:
- Minimum five years' experience* reporting, preferably on the finance industry
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent
- Ability to write quickly and concisely on deadline
- Fluency in written and spoken English and spoken German
*Please note we use years of experience as a guide but we certainly will consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary for the role
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are!
In the meantime feel free to have a look at this:
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status